Members like you have been working tirelessly to support small businesses and help our country’s economy. You don’t have to face these challenges alone.
Since the start of the pandemic, the AICPA has doubled down on efforts to support the profession and the work you are doing to support your clients and employers.
As your trusted member organization, we serve you, keeping you up to date with changing government guidance and ensuring you have the practical help and resources to do your job.
Advocacy and practical resources
- The government needs to support businesses and employees — we shared nine actions the government must take and we asked Congress to modernize tax provisions in response to the pandemic.
Modernizing tax provisions included allowing deductions for Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) expenses and providing a small business tax credit that would allow businesses to invest in technology and support virtual offices for staff.
- You need to focus on the important work of helping businesses without having to worry about excessive deadlines. We worked to secure tax filing and payment deadline relief so you can.
- A coalition of 3.7 million businesses, collectively employing more than 78 million people and led by us, sought to protect and stabilize our nation’s economic engine during the period of crisis. The coalition recommended that PPP applicants use the gross payroll approach in calculations.
Opportunities for the present and future
New CPE, including data analytics to identify business drivers of the organization, is being developed to give you opportunities to add even more value to your clients or businesses.
Membership allows you to stay up to date on key developments, new rules, hot topics and emerging trends in the ever-changing accounting world.
- Attend timely webinars and a town hall series on a range of topics — many virtual events include free CPE for members.
- Browse the Global Career Hub for new jobs, plus career advice and tips to help you stay ahead of the competition and get your next role.
- Strategize to rebuild the economy. We want to hear from you about ideas you have and resources you need to succeed.
More than ever, businesses need the accounting profession.
While you support your community, during and after the pandemic, we are committed to supporting you. We’re stronger together.
We’re a force for good. Here for good.