Ready to learn about cybersecurity to help your clients or business? The pandemic, and corresponding increase of eCommerce and internet use, have created many opportunities for cyber thieves — data breaches increased 273% in the first quarter of 2020.
But opportunities are also being created for you. It’s anticipated that the cybersecurity market will be worth $248 billion by 2023, providing a unique opening for CPAs.
CPAs are trusted advisers. Your qualifications as a CPA, along with a shortage of cybersecurity experts, put you in a prime position to lead businesses in their cybersecurity efforts.
Want to learn about cybersecurity or further hone your skills?
You’re in luck. If you’re seeking opportunities in cybersecurity or simply want to bolster your knowledge, these free resources below will get you on your way.
- A CPA’s Introduction to Cybersecurity. There is opportunity in cybersecurity for small and medium-sized firms working with small- and medium-sized businesses. This brochure provides an overview.
- This 60-second video explains why CPAs should care about cybersecurity.
- For a limited time, AICPA members can take a module of our cybersecurity certificate for free and earn up to 3 free CPE hours with the Digital Mindset Pack.
- What’s the board’s role in cybersecurity risk? What is the company’s? Learn that and more in this Journal of Accountancy article, Corporate governance in COVID-19: Cybersecurity and technology considerations.
- Why CFOs need more cybersecurity vigilance. The rise of cybersecurity concerns mean that CFOs need to make it a priority. Read how in this FM
- Leverage the AICPA Cybersecurity Risk Management Reporting framework to communicate about the effectiveness of controls on a company’s cybersecurity risk management program. The framework is a key component of a System and Organization Controls(SOC) for Cybersecurity engagement.
- In the Go Beyond Disruption podcast’s Cybersecurity Advisory series, your fellow CPAs share key technical challenges and best practices for remote work, business continuity, compliance and risk management.
- Co-brand this brochure — SOC for Cybersecurity: Helping you build trust and transparency – and send it to clients to explain the value and benefits of a SOC for cybersecurity examination.